[rpd] LACNIC reaches final /10 of IPv4 space

Nishal Goburdhan ndg at ieee.org
Thu Jun 12 22:29:44 UTC 2014

On 12 Jun 2014, at 6:29 PM, Noah Maina <mainanoa at gmail.com> wrote:

> +++ to Policy then, lets draft it :-)

to paraphrase a wise soul who came to the microphone during the academic policy discussion last thursday:  "...don't try to use policy to fix an operational issue..."
(my words, not his).  it seemed, at the time, that people generally agreed with that sentiment.  this idea strikes me as no different.

those who see the need for IPv6, will deploy it.  AfriNIC is trying to spread the word;  let them continue their good work.
as for the NAT'ters as such...to paraphrase another wise soul:  "i encourage all my competitors to run their businesses that way"
using policy, in the loose manner you describe, is not likely to generate the result you want.  others have already explained this before.

--n.

btw, some bits here are seriously OT.  the generic IPv6 discussion list is here: