[rpd] Academic IPv4 Policy

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:51:11 UTC 2014

Hi All,

With regards to the Academic IPv4 Policy (Policy
Draft AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03).

Due to the fact that both authors of the policy have now been elected to
the board, and we are of the opinion that this represents a severe
potential conflict of interest, we would like to ask the list if there were
any individuals who would like to take over further actions on this policy
(changing it, promoting it, defending it at meetings etc).

Both authors still strongly believe in the policy and the sentiments behind
it, and still believe the policy is in the best interest of the African
region as a whole, and hence, we have opted to make this appeal rather than
withdrawing the policy or letting it lapse on the 26th of June.

Should there be anyone interested in taking over the policy from here on
out, please advise either of the authors.

Many Thanks

Sunday Folayan / Andrew Alston