[rpd] LACNIC reaches final /10 of IPv4 space

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 20:13:54 UTC 2014

Thanks for this update Alan, from all indication it will seem that v4
exhaustion time within AfriNIC region may be sooner than earlier
predicted.

Should this region be worried?... maybe:
- More content in those region where v4 is getting exhausted will go v6 but
then v6 deployment in our region is relatively low (someone says there is
translation to the rescue)
- Our region will continue to experience an increase in v4 requests from
organizations that are more domicile in regions with v4 exhaustion. Perhaps
this could be an opportunity to "by policy" improve ISP establishment in
our region? Maybe yes. Should we also "by policy" ensure addresses within
this region are used more within the region.... how do we encourage this as
the region seem to be comfortable with *translation*. Can policy make this
happen?

Cheers!
PS: My views alone.
sent from Google nexus 4