[rpd] Guessing is not the way to verify information

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Jun 5 15:58:21 UTC 2014

On Jun 5, 2014, at 8:41 AM, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
> Today on the floor that is a common said guessing is a way to
> verifying information for noncom--as long as you guess it right.
> I think it is not the right way of doing things.

Lu:

You’re misunderstanding the role of a nomcom.  The role of a nomcom is to advance a slate of qualified candidates to the voters.  It _really doesn’t matter_ how they do it, so long as they succeed.  Nomcoms are a black box.  All that matters is the result.  And the result, as you’ve admitted, was correct.

                                -Bill