[rpd] New proposal - "AfriNIC Whois Database Update Process" (AFPUB-2014-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon May 19 07:52:23 UTC 2014

Actually Nii,

Yes, the staff have the right to make decisions as delegated by the management.  For example:

If I apply for IP space, providing the IP space is smaller than a /14 I believe, this is approved by the resource evaluator.

If it is /14 or larger (I think), it has to have board approval.

So yes, there is a level of decision making within the staff.

I believe the IP team also has the ability to choose if they contact a member via email or whatever as well, so long as it goes into the ticket (though I could be wrong here).  I only singled out the elders because it is a perception that I have run into several times, that the elders have decision making powers, and that is not the case.

Thanks

Andrew