[rpd] IPv4 policy on where space is used.

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Sun May 18 07:07:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, 16 May 2014, Keshwarsingh Nadan wrote:
>> Sure it's difficult to make such restriction and it's really
>> not a path that will yield much success. However I believe it's
>> possible to ensure those organisation are indeed well grounded
>> African organisation before handing resources to them.
>
> This is pure discrimination on race.

Did you imagine that "African" referred to a racial group?  It
doesn't.  As should have been obvious from the context, "African"
refers to a geographic region.

> Wether one is a well grounded or startup "African", "Mauritian",
> etc.., all of them should be treated equally.

Policies and official documents should probably refer to "the
Afrinic service region" instead of "Africa", to make it clear that
Mauritius and other islands are included.  I don't think that
people discussing things in a mailing list will remember to do
that, so if you read "African" please understand "in the Afrinic
service region".

--apb (Alan Barrett)