[rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sat May 17 09:43:40 UTC 2014

On 5/7/2014 5:34 PM, Mark Elkins wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Consequent to the call for nominations and subsequent evaluation of
> nominees by the Nominations Committee (NomCom), we are pleased to
> announce the following final slate of candidates for the following
> seats on the AFRINIC Board:
>
> Full candidate information has been published at:
>
> https://internetsummitafrica.org/en/ais14/bod-election

Hello all,

it happend that I just wanted to have a look at the candidates.
at the above URI I get "Error 404!" in very big letters
(opera browser, if that matters)

within myafrinic under
"Welcome to AFRINIC's Election Centre"
"Information on the current/forthcoming elections can be found here."

the "here" leads to a page explaining BOD and elections *in general*.
nothing there about the current election.
And searching the Afrinic site it seems at the afrinic site there's nothing
about the specific current election at all - only at AIS website.
Is that correct?

Yep, going through menu I got something there:
https://internetsummitafrica.org/en/communit/bod-election

but when going to read about the individuals, service went down :-(

[frank at fisi ~]$ telnet www.internetsummitafrica.org 80
Trying 2001:42d0:0:408::172...
Connected to www.internetsummitafrica.org.
Escape character is '^]'.