[rpd] Discussion about e-voting

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu May 15 02:05:14 UTC 2014

On May 15, 2014, at 24:26 AM, Kofi ansa akufo <kofi.ansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Adiel and All
>
> Interesting discussion.
>
> Forgive me to play the devils advocate for a while - few questions below regarding the immediate past election for board members.
>
> 1. What was the total votes casts?
>
> 2. How many votes were cast as proxy votes?

See my previous mail for the above.

> 3. How many individuals voted more than once due to being associated to more than one member?

8 out of 45. Knowing that all board members (registered members) that are also valid contact of resource members get 2 votes.

About 750 members. This data can be dynamically checked at: http://www.afrinic.net/en/about-us/our-members

> 5. How many votes were cast through ballot paper at the election?

45.

> 6. Do we have a minimum number of votes casted (%) relative to the number of active members to determine dismissal or approval of the election?

That is not set anywhere. but for the past year we have been dealing with around 10% ratio. Which as I mentioned in my previous mail is relatively the same thing for all RIRs. So even though we are aiming at better, we are not an exception (with the ressou=rces we have).

- a.