[rpd] Discussion about e-voting

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:41:57 UTC 2014

Hello Owen,

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I would propose that sitting board members being present on NomCom or ECom
> is not a problem.

Maybe not but i suggest as liason role as much possible (more like an
observer role)

Chairmanship also not a  problem.

This definitely is what i will not give a +1 on. However chairmanship to
board on nomcom could remain as an alternate backup plan for nomcom chair
(as per the current bylaw) nevertheless such should not happen with Ecom.
As a matter of fact i don't see why we need a chair for Ecom, since there
is already an election coordinator. However if we must, then it should not
be board member but someone within staff or non-board member (but AFRINIC
member in good standing)

> However, in no case should the NomCom and Ecom overlap,

+1

> nor should there be any possibility for anyone who is a candidate in the
> relevant election to be a member of either committee.
>
> This is already covered in the bylaw and i don't think it has ever
happened before.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*