Election process (was re: [rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun May 11 17:24:47 UTC 2014

On May 10, 2014, at 7:17 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> sent from Google nexus 4
> kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> On 11 May 2014 00:53, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> >
> > Mark,
> >

> > It’s really pretty close to that simple to implement what I suggested. The only complicated part is that
> > for AfriNIC, each “eligible voter” is a voting right, not a person. A person may be several eligible
> > voters.
> >
> I don't see any complication because on my afrinic portal someone accessing multiple accounts (because they represent more then one organisation) will have to use multiple nic handle. That is still technologically one to one if you ask me.

I confess ignorance to AfriNIC specifics here.  Where I am more familiar with the process, I am able to use a single NIC handle (OD19-ARIN) and a single arin-online login in order to cast votes for multiple organizations where I am the DMR. There are provisions in their e-vote system for me to vote some or all of the organizations at the same time as well as to vote each organization individually.

If AfriNIC requires a person to have a separate NIC handle for each ORG affiliation, then I guess that’s 1:1, but it seems like it would be a huge pain for people who work with multiple organizations.