Election process (was re: [rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations)

Noah Maina mainanoa at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:04:06 UTC 2014

++1 suen

I would lean on this suggestion as it makes more sense and both online
counting and physical counting should be done simultaneously.

Noah

You got into the party when we all have had a fair share of the drinks ;)

The drunken part of me is therefore agreeing that the only fix is to go
electronic 100%. However the conscious part of me still thinks it's not
good ethics to have a voting means shutdown before the other for the same
election.

In view of this, I will suggest that while closing of online voting is done
a day before AGM, it's actual unlocking/counting of votes should be done
same time with counting of paper based. This means that as staff clear a
member for online voting such member is struck out from the members list.

Hope this is an acceptable compromise otherwise I am open to why this isn't.

Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.