[rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed May 7 20:54:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 23:09 +0300, Noah Maina wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Mmmmm am not convienced but I will give your response the benefit of
> the doubt imho ... otherwise one would argue that there is no point of
> new blood since old blood brings about stability given the observation
> that new blood takes a year or so to catch up...

Careful - I'm not saying that we don't need new blood... and this time
around we'll definitely get some. No previous Board Members are standing
for the non-Geo seat (seat 8).
I honestly think we need a mix of both. A generalisation could be that
new blood should provide new ideas and old blood should provide
stability.

> This continent certainly have loads of competent folks I just think
> not so many are aware perhaps otherwise we would have lots of willing
> folks...

So you could be standing for Board Election next year?
Though, from a community viewpoint, don't forget our other needs, PDP
Chair - etc.

(and I honestly thank you for speaking up)

(Old topic: mail from your gmail account to me arrived over native IPv6,
as does all e-mail between myself and AfriNIC).