Search RPD Archives
[rpd] Call for Volunteers - 2014 Nominations Committee
babusha at afrinic.net
Mon Feb 10 07:03:14 UTC 2014
As is customary, there will be several elections held in our community
during 2014 as follows:
· 06/2014: AFRINIC Board (3 seats - Indian Ocean, Central Africa
· 06/2014: Policy Development Working Group: 1 co-Chair.
· 11/2014: NRO-NC/ICANN ASO AC (1 Representative)
Per Section 9 <http://www.afrinic.net/en/about-us/bylaws?start=8> of the
AFRINIC by-laws, a Nominations Committee (NomCom) appointed by the Board
must work to ensure that appropriate candidates are nominated to contest
for open seats and that all elections are successfully conducted
according to current procedures.
The NomCom shall be composed of 4 members as follows:
· 1 member selected from within the AFRINIC Board
· 3 members selected by the AFRINIC Board from the community.
We are now looking for volunteers from the community to fill the three
open positions on the 2014 NomCom.For fairness, volunteers are expected
to not be from a region where a Board seat is up for renewal.
Responsibilities of the NomCom are defined in section 9 of the AFRINIC
bylaws and comprise of the following.
· Call for candidates for all open elections (above).
· Describe all criteria and qualifications for eligibility to
stand for election.
· Where necessary, interview candidates prior to final candidate
· Communicate the final list of candidates for any election.
AFRINIC staff will provide logistical support to the NomCom throughout
their mandate. Such support includes publication of the list of
nominees, compilation of comments, mailing list moderation, website
update, communication with nominees and other duties pertaining to the
roles and responsibilities of the NomCom.
NomCom members are expected to:
· Be neutral: Have no interest in the results of the elections.
· Be trusted members of the AFRINIC community.
· Have good knowledge of the AFRINIC business environment.
· Do their best to fulfill their responsibilities without financial
If you are interested to serve on the 2014 NomCom, please send your
expression of interest, including a short biography, by email to
legal at afrinic.net <mailto:legal at afrinic.net> before Friday 21^st
February 2014 at 20:00 UTC.
Social Media/Online Engagement Officer, AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 5100 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w: www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia
Join us at AIS'14 in Djibouti, 25 May - 6 June 2014
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD