[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

madhvi Gokool madhvi at afrinic.net
Wed Sep 11 12:05:18 UTC 2013

Hello Andrew

AFRINIC has accepted IP usage in a spreadsheet that clearly demonstrated
the IP addressing needs for the immediate and 12 months needs. It  is a
fact that when our members operations/customer base scale, maintaining a
spreadsheet becomes an impossible task for them & they implement an IP
usage monitoring system which is useful to them for provisioning
purposes and can demonstrate their needs for future allocations to AFRINIC.

AFRINIC uses this section of the policy in evaluating requests as well :-

11) Record keeping by LIRs

LIR's must keep and maintain records of any documentation regarding
assignments and sub-allocations to end users. It is needed for future
reference when evaluating requests from the same organisation and for
any audits by AFRINIC. These documents should be kept electronically for
easier access. It's advisable that these records should include but not
be limited to:

  * The original request.
  * Supporting documentation.
  * Related correspondence between LIR and end-user.
  * Decision of the assignment, and reasons behind any unusual decision.
  * Role of person that made the decision.

Supporting documentation in this case can also be a spreadsheet that
clearly demonstrates how the IP addresses assigned are in use.

Regards
Madhvi

On 9/11/13 12:39 PM, Andrew Alston wrote:
> Are you stating that when such organisations
> declare their IP usage in an excel spreadsheet or such that clearly
> demonstrates where they will be using it and now, AfriNIC will not take
> these documents and accept them, irrespective of the commitments made
> under the MSA?  If so, you will effectively block the ability of any
> secure organisation to gain IP space, and at this point, AfriNIC will be
> severely hindering the growth of the industry on the African continent.

Madhvi Gokool                          Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Registration Service Manager           Sip: madhvi at voip.afrinic.net
www.afrinic.net
(E): madhvi at afrinic.net