[AFRINIC-rpd] RE: IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Andrew Alston aa at alstonnetworks.net
Tue Sep 10 20:51:28 UTC 2013

As far as I am concerned and my reading of policy is that they can ask for
the following:

An IP allocation plan
Proof of infrastructure
Some indication of current utilisation of space (if you are an LIR, and
you assign space to a customer, you are meant to put that information into
the afrinic database anyway, and for internal assignment some data to show
that the space is being used, in whatever form you choose to provide it)
Proof that you are applying for a legal entity (be it a registered company
or a private individual in the case of PI space)

Beyond that, anything else I would argue is overreach, outside of current
policy and abuse of monopoly power.

Andrew