[AFRINIC-rpd] RE: IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Keshwarsingh Nadan keshwarsingh.nadan at millenium.mu
Tue Sep 10 20:18:06 UTC 2013

Well I’ve been told the following:

"I believe that any meaningful data/log collected from a monitoring system (obfuscating critical customer details will be accepted - f.i a graph over a certain period of time of the number of IP addresses in used, the pool from which these addresses come from, concurrent number of customers/virtual-servers"

obfuscating critical data ? asking a network engineer by profession to obfuscate critical customer details ? Is that in other words called tampering with data / log / graphs ?

Assuming that critical customer details can be obfuscated & will be accepted, there is nothing which prevents one from modifying numbers displayed on the graphs axis! I believe such graphs should be sent as it is without being obfuscated..

If AfriNIC requires such kind of info, I humbly request that such a clause to be included in the policy..

Regards,
Keshwarsingh NADAN