[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 20:27:51 UTC 2013

Actually Owen,

I disagree, the policy in no way asks for discount, the policy says that a
discount that is current applies.  If no such discount is current as per the
board decisions on such, it will not apply.  This was made clear in the
meeting when you were not present.

At the moment at board discretion, a 50% discount applies to academia, the
policy merely maintains that discount.  If that discount were to be revoked,
there would be no discount for that clause in the policy to apply to and no
discount would be applied.

We openly said in the presentation about this policy at the meeting that we
were not interested in dealing with the financial aspects since those are
not the remit of the PDP, but rather the remit of the board. And we stated
this extremely clearly.

Andrew