[AFRINIC-rpd] Latest version of the policy AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Tue Jun 25 12:15:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
> An institution provided proof of a tender that they were going
> on to buy 1200 Access Points to roll a campus wifi network.
> [...]
> AfriNIC however refused to accept the concurrency arguments on
> the WIFI networks and also refused to accept the tender notices
> that had been put out publicly or the notice of intention to
> purchase which was sent to the suppliers.  Their argument was
> that such tender notices and the notice of intention could be
> withdrawn.

I have no doubt that you would have assisted the applicant to
provide a reasonable plan, so I think that AFRINIC should have
accepted the network plan and the estimated concurrency ratio.
But I still see this as a problem with internal procedures at
AFRINIC, not a problem with policy.

> Education has been attempted and failed, negotiation has been
> attempted, and failed [...]

That's a big part of why I don't oppose the policy proposal.

--apb (Alan Barrett)