[AFRINIC-rpd] Latest version of the policy AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:47:40 UTC 2013

Facing the room, I saw about 5 hands in opposition.  (Who by the way, were
the large majority of the people who are on this list right now
objecting), as compared to approx. 60 that were in support.

It was a massive overwhelming majority in that room, and infact in
discussions with others afterwards, no one could indicate a policy that
was passed with greater consensus in a PDP meeting than this one.

I feel that the 4 or 5 individuals who are on this list that are now
trying to get it kicked back, who were in that meeting and saw what they
saw, are now actually acting against the clearly demonstrated will of
those in that room.

If we were talking about a bunch of people who WERENT in that room who
didn't have a say in that room objecting, it would be another story
entirely.  If we were talking about a number of people in that room who
had changed their votes since then, it would also be another story
entirely.  But for the same people who saw a clear consensus to now be
claiming that their votes override such a majority as expressed there with
no *additional* voices making themselves heard, is actually quite crazy.

Andrew