[AFRINIC-rpd] Latest version of the policy AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03

Guy Antony Halse G.halse at ru.ac.za
Mon Jun 24 12:38:03 UTC 2013

On Mon 2013-06-24 (12:49), Jackson Muthili wrote:
> Now that new version come up and clear in this last call we have more
> opposition than support.

That's a logical fallacy.  It is not clear at all; you cannot draw that
conclusion from the discussion to date without making some flawed assumptions.

What you might be able to say is that more people have voiced their
opposition than have actively voiced their support.  However, this is
entirely to be expected -- the people who support or are neutral towards any
policy are far less likely to contribute than those who have objections.

So, to even things up a bit, I tend towards supporting this policy...

- Guy
--
Manager: Systems, IT Division, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Email: G.Halse at ru.ac.za   Web: http://mombe.org/   IRC: rm-rf at irc.atrum.org