[AFRINIC-rpd] Latest version of the policy AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:53:53 UTC 2013

All,
On 24 June 2013 14:12, Bope Domilongo Christian <christianbope at gmail.com> wrote:
> The community need an advice and the way forward for this policy.

While I am not supportive of the policy in it's current form, and I
tried to raise objection because I thought moving to last call was
rather premature,  I would like to remind everyone that as per our
processe, consensus was reached during the meeting to move forward and
this cannot be disputed.

I would like to also reminder everyone that the last call hasn't
formally been opened and as such, the consensus reached during the
show of hands is/should still be valid.

That being said, I believe the procedurally correct thing would be to
allow a formal opening of the last call (with the agreed
modifications)....members can then object to the policy and cause a
return to the list where it can be modified or withdrawn.

Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.