[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Fri Jun 21 07:36:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, Alan Barrett wrote:
>The following policy proposals acheieved rough consensus [...]

>* Academic IPv4 Allocation
>  AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02
>  <http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/842-academic-ipv4-allocation-afpub-2013-gen-001-draft-02-under-discussion>

I am sorry, I forgot to mention some changes.

1. The staff analysis pointed out that the proposal used
   two terms "Academic Institution" and "Higher Education
   Institution".  The proposal will be modified to use a single
   term consistently.

2. Some people at the meeting said that some organisations might
   not want as many IPv4 addresses as are allowed by this
   proposal.  The proposal will be modified to make it clear that
   an organisation may apply for fewer addresses than the 5:1
   ratio would allow.

Consensus at the meeting was that the proposal, duly modified to
address the above two points, should go to last call.

--apb (Alan Barrett)