[AfriNIC-rpd] Draft Policy: Anycast Assignments in the AfriNIC region

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:55:52 UTC 2013

All,

I understand the Anycast policy proposal was moved to last call today.

thanks for that, I know there is at least one African network operator
who will be able to
use their business plan when this policy is formalised.

On a related note, I understand there was some questions about why
this doesn't relate to IPv6>

Please see my mail from Nov below on that topic:

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,

<snip>

> There was also support for adding IPv6 explicitly to this proposal,
> which I feel is not needed due to the fact that IPv6 additioanl
> allocations don't need to meet the 80% criteria and of course the much
> larger address space in v6.
>
> In any case, I am happy to add IPv6 to this proposal, but I need some guidance.
>
> Should these v6 blocks come from PA allocations or from separate
> blocks specifically reserved for the purpose?
>
> Should the assignment size in v6 be /48, or do we not need to specify
> an assignment size in IPv6??

Since I got no guidance, I made no changes.

I still think this is only a v4 issue and would not arise in v6, but
am happy to hear other views.

--
Cheers,

McTim