[AFRINIC-rpd] Fwd: new proposal: "Remove requirement to announce entire v6 block as single aggregate"

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed May 15 07:58:24 UTC 2013

Hmm - ever since I received my IPv6 /32 block (Jan 2007), I have been
announcing the full block and a smaller "regionalised" block - so for
example in London and DE-CIX - I announce my /32 and a /40 of it.
The /40 'regional' block contains all IPv6 addresses I use in Europe.

I use different regional blocks in different regions.

If its filtered - tough - the /32 is still there.

So it seems I'm already following the suggested modification.
I guess I support the proposal.