Search RPD Archives
[AFRINIC-rpd] LAST Day to submit your proposal: Call for Local Hosts for 2013 AFRINIC Training Workshops
babusha at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 28 10:38:07 UTC 2013
In 2012, with the support of various stakeholders in the community, we were able to train over 450 engineers in thirteen (13) training workshops covering Internet Number Resources Management and Internet Protocol version Six (IPv6) for both engineers and managers. We are hereby calling for partners to collaborate with us to organise more workshops in 2013.
WHO CAN HOST?
Any organisation that wants to take the lead in promoting the development of Internet technology in their country. Local hosts in the past have included:
? Government regulators or ICT ministries
? National ISP or IXP Associations
? Telecommunications and Internet Service Providers
? Universities and other Higher Educational Institutions
? Research and Education Network organisations
? Country Network Operator Groups
? Internet Service Providers
? Telecommunications companies
BENEFITS OF HOSTING
1. Priority reserved places to 10 participants from your organisation.
2. Raise your organisation's profile as a technical capacity building leader/facilitator in your country.
3. Reduced training costs (travel and accommodation) for sending your staff to a different location.
4. Show support as an AFRINIC partner in Internet Technology development in Africa.
1. Publicise the event within your country.
2. Provide a suitable venue for the workshop - the venue must be able to hold at least 30 participants in a classroom or U-shape sitting configuration.
3. Provide light refreshments for the participants.
4. Assist with getting visas and identifying suitable hotels for the accommodation of AfriNIC resource persons.
5. Provide a high-speed Internet connectivity, a multimedia projector, flip-chart/whiteboard and marker as well as other on-site logistics at the training venue.
WHAT AFRINIC PROVIDES
1. Course organisation (registrations, participant screening and evaluation)
2. Teaching the course and facilitating related conferences
3. Provide equipment for practical sessions
4. Cover the full expenses of our resource persons (travel, accommodation etc)
5. The most valuable competency-based LIR and IPv6 training program on the continent.
1. Courses are open to anyone but priority will be given to AFRINIC members.
2. Courses are free of charge. However, attendees must pay for their own accommodation, travel and expenses.
3. AFRINIC does not offer fellowships for attending training workshops.
4. We require at least 25 participants before we can organise a workshop.
5. Priority is usually given to participants from the host country.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop for your country, submit a hosting proposal latest 14:00 UTC on the 28TH FEBRUARY 2013 by filling the "2013 Training Hosting Request" form at the following link:
Please note that due to resource constraints, we can only do a limited number of physical workshops per year and so not all requests will be accepted for this year. Only successful requests will be contacted for follow up.
28th February 2013 at 14:00 UTC
The AFRINIC Training Squad (Follow us Twitter - @AFRINICtraining for latest updates)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD