[AFRINIC-rpd] AFRINIC Response to Government Calls for an Arab RIR

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Feb 26 18:56:38 UTC 2013

Hi David,
At 10:41 26-02-2013, David Conrad wrote:
>  Which part do you have questions about? The principles laid out in
> ICP-2 appear pretty self-explanatory to me. In practice I suspect
> the key bit will be demonstrating regional community support.

 From ICP-2:

   "According to the Address Supporting Organisation Memorandum of
    Understanding (ASO MoU) it is the responsibility of ICANN to approve
    the establishment of new RIRs."

Is the Policy Development Working Group involved in the decision or
is it some other group?

>Which events?

The email from Babusha Radhakissoon mentioned "last year's ITU WTSA
and WCIT events".

Regards,
-sm