[AFRINIC-rpd] Renumbering statistics under AFPUB-2005-v4-001

ARTHUR CARINDAL arthur at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 7 08:39:59 UTC 2013

Dear SM

My apologises for my previous short answer.

Kindly find as follows the details

On Jan 28, 2013, at 10:34 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:

> Hi PDWG Chairs,
>
> I would like some information about the implementation aspects of the AFPUB-2005-v4-001 policy.
>
> From Section 5.7 of AFPUB-2005-v4-001:
>
>  "If the end-user / downstream network changes provider, the address space
>   assigned or sub-allocated by the previous service provider (LIR) should be
>   returned and the network renumbered."
>
>  (i)   How many LIRs have pointed out that the above was a problem over the
>        last two years?

No(0) LIRs have pointed out that the statement above was a problem
over the last two years

>  (ii)  How many downstream networks have pointed out that the above was a
>        problem over the last two years?

No(0) downstream networks have pointed out that the above was a
problem over the last two years

> Section 9.6 of AFPUB-2005-v4-001 is about renumbering.  I would be grateful if I could be provided with statistics about:
>
> (a) The number of renumbering requests received over the last two years from LIRs.

No(0) renumbering requests have been received over the last two years
from LIRs.

> (b) The number of renumbering requests from LIRs which have been accepted over the
>     last two years.

No(0) renumbering requests from LIRs  have been accepted over the
   last two years.

> (c) A breakdown of the renumbering requests from LIRs which explains why renumbering
>     was requested.

Not applicable as there has been no renumbering request

> Are there any cases where AfriNIC (the company) has required a network to renumber?  If so, which policy clause(s) was invoked for these cases?

There  have not been any cases where AfriNIC (the company) has required
a network to renumber, in compliance with this policy's stipulations.

> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

Best Regards.
Arthur Carindal N.                                           Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Head of Member Services, AFRINIC           Fax:  +230 466 67 58
arthur at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net             Skype: arthur_carindal
                                                                            Sip: arthur at voip.afrinic.net