[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Nii Narku Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Tue Feb 5 10:55:03 UTC 2013

On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:05, Guy Antony Halse <G.halse at ru.ac.za> wrote:

>   All the policy says is that ratios up-to and including 5:1 do not need
>   *additional* justification; ratios greater than 5:1 do.  It is a somewhat
>   arbitrary (but well informed and objective) cut-off to determine at what
>   point AfriNIC should start asking more questions.

What does it mean to 'ask more questions'?

I am puzzled by desire of this draft policy to provide *no* network information to obtain network resources. Obviously, all operators design networks with ratios, workloads and benchmarks but one makes the resource requests based on what is being built - the network  :-)