[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:40:39 UTC 2013

Besides which Nii,

Tell me, how many fully qualified network engineers does AfriNIC employ
right now?  Certified with the skillset required to audit complex networks
comprising of thousands of machines, routers, switches and other hardware?
You wanna audit the networks, where is the skillset to do it?  Or are we
going to further impose more costs on the African operators and institutions
from what is already the most expensive RIR in the world hiring a couple of
CCIE level persons to do this work?

*IT IS NOT THE JOB OF AN RIR TO AUDIT A NETWORK - ONCE AGAIN - IN THE WORDS
OF RANDY BUSH - HANDS OFF MY NETWORK*

Andrew