[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Guy Antony Halse G.halse at ru.ac.za
Fri Jan 25 17:51:16 UTC 2013

On Fri 2013-01-25 (08:33), Owen DeLong wrote:
> > An end user is an entity which does not make sub-allocations, allocations,
> > or re-assignments as part of its normal or core business, and which
> > primarily uses any address space assigned to it either within the entity or
> > as part of its internal operations.
>
> Policy criteria should be measurable and objective.

I agree.

> The standard you propose is highly subjective and could lead to inconsistent application and/or the appearance of inconsistent application to the detriment of the credibility of the organization.

I actually also agree with that.  My proposal is certainly problematic, and
needs work.  So help me improve the wording, without making it so rigid that
it stifles those who seek to uplift others in a small way.

- Guy
--
Manager: Systems, IT Division, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Email: G.Halse at ru.ac.za   Web: http://mombe.org/   IRC: rm-rf at irc.atrum.org