[AFRINIC-rpd] Further note on fee structure

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:28:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Andrew Alston
<alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> While the fees are set by the board, I believe the new as published fee
> structures are actually now in conflict with policy.
>

> My understanding (and I haven’t had the time to find exactly where), is that
> by policy it was decided that addresses would be allocated on /24
> boundaries.

I'm not sure we would have enshrined this in policy.

there are lots of folk who may want a PI block that isn't on a /24 boundary.

> That published fee structure for end user implies otherwise, since its not
> on bit-prefix boundaries.

How else would you have organised them so that categories don't
overlap each other?  So for the below example, you can't have BOTH
categories include "512" as the boundary can you?

Micro End User	256 - 512	$2,500	$200
Mini End User	      513 - 1023	$2,700	$300

--
Cheers,

McTim