[AFRINIC-rpd] IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment proposal

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:06:12 UTC 2013

Actually Badru,

I have to disagree on this point.  The current levels of operational
problems (and there have been MANY specific examples on this list in the
last 2 weeks, that I'm not going to rehash again) are of huge concern.  It
is pointless introducing more complexity and more overhead until these are
resolved.  If things were running smoothly and you introduce some more
complexity, you can figure out how to deal with it.  If things are in a
mess, and you introduce more complexity, you compound the problem of solving
the route cause.

EVERY policy should be analyzed against its potential impact on operations
and how it is going to affect service to us, the members, who rely on prompt
swift service.  An analysis of this type can only happen in the context of
what we know about CURRENT operations, else you have no starting point.

Andrew