[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:38:11 UTC 2013

On 17/01/2013 02:26, David Conrad wrote:
> I'd personally recommend focusing on matters that can be resolved within the community via cooperation and industry self-regulation. In reality, the whole Internet resource management system from IANA on down only works because everyone (more or less) agrees it works (a concept termed the "Tinkerbell Effect"). If folks start poking and prodding at these structures with lawyers, I fear there is non-zero risk that it will all come tumbling down and a _lot_ more unpleasantness will result.  After all, all it would take would be a few ISPs with sufficient market share to decide (perhaps at the insistence of their governments) to believe someone else's registration database for things to get quite confusing, quite quickly.

Thank you very much David. This particular education is very beneficial
to me.

I here once again thank all the Ghosts from the West, who have enriched
our (I mean me and my African brothers and sisters) knowledge of the
Internet's complexity, and never called us ignorant.

I truly doff my Fedora hat (the brown one) for you today!

Sunday.