[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:12:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Because its a networking device and it requires IP to communicate. If i
> may
> > ask, by how will those devices communicate without IP addresses OR are
> you
> > recommending such devices be assigned private IPs?
>
> YES!
>
> No public IPs are needed by those device so use private IP on them!
>
> Are you kidding me? what will be the essence of requesting public IPs if
they can't be used on access devices. Also technically i don't see how you
going to identify all those types of mobile phones and separate them from
the normal PCs, then assign privates to them....maybe through their
manufacturer mac section of the device mac address...well good luck with
that ;-)
Actually all devices running public IPs is what makes the Internet and not
the NATed ones

Cheers!

> Jack

*Seun Ojedeji,