[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jan 16 21:57:17 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,
At 12:52 16-01-2013, Andrew Alston wrote:
>That being said, we are *NOT* in soft landing mode, and I can find
>NOTHING in the current policies which stops a current LIR from
>sub-leasing space to an entity outside of the geographic region.
>
>Now, this could be a major flaw in the current policies, and if so,
>probably needs to be fixed pretty quickly, but if my reading is
>correct, current policy does allow for an LIR to allocate space to
>someone off continent.

 From your message message [1]:

   "AfriNIC has not deemed it acceptable up until now to accept the likes
    of network diagrams or switch port counts or anything else, they generally
    want invoices, arp tables ..."

I don't see how IP address space could be used for unrelated external
networks if the above checks are being performed.

Regards,
-sm

1. msg-id: 047f01cdf35f$6ea39770$4beac650$@gmail.com