[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jan 16 15:53:46 UTC 2013

At 06:23 16-01-2013, Chad wrote:
>I own the /14 legacy IPs. I have a right to profit off IP addresses
>that I own and paid for. Had McTim used common sense and proper
>thinking he would have realized that. Who pays for something
>(business investment) and not expect a return for their investment?
>Is it wrong? No.

After reading the above my understanding is that the "/14 legacy IPs"
is currently registered in AfriNIC
Whois.  The  AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01 proposal is about allowing
for that IPv4 address space to be transferred to a non-African region RIR.

I read the AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01 proposal again.  I didn't see
any mention of IPv4 legacy address space in the text.  From the text:

   "3.2  The minimum transfer size is a /24. The IPv4 address space should be
        under the management of the RIR at which the originating LIR holds an
        account and the authentic holder of the space should match with the
        source without any disputes."

Does that apply to all IPv4 address space in the AfriNIC IPv4 address pool?

Regards,
-sm