[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPV4 Allocation Policy - Draft 1

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:28:10 UTC 2013

Hey Andrew,

The ratio is fine, somehow I had read that part the other way round ;-)
Meanwhile I also agree with Owen's ratio proposal do maybe 1:5 is
futuristic-ally realistic :-).
On the FTE, I don't agree with that, unless we don't want to face the
reality on ground. Part time students are entitled to everything a full
time is entitled to on campus as it relates to resources. I don't think we
should look at access to the network infrastructure on a hourly basis as
students can decide to access the network at any time. Infact most students
handheld devices are up and running 24/7 (so long as they reside within
campus they connect) So they need be included. Which is why i still think
re-wording that section to read "registered students" will ensure all
students cadre are covered. Come to think of it, will we refer php/some
masters students as full timers? No....but they are registered students
that may even require access than some other so called full time students

On a lighter note,I wonder why we don't really count staff as part of the
user..for debate. Those numbers really count, especially if we are looking
at it from the ratio level...also a staff residing in staff quarters with
his/her kids will definately increase the number of users...unless we are
saying staff quarters (which is running campus network) is not the same
university???

Sent from Google Nexus
Skype: seun.ojedeji