[AFRINIC-rpd] New Policy Proposal: Inter RIR IPv4 Address Transfers (AFPUB-2013-V4-001-DRAFT-01)

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:41:57 UTC 2013

Andrew,

I like your statement ... "Let SOMEONE get some advantage out of the
assets, while they still has value".

I will support a policy proposal that has a reincarnation of John Postel
go round African Universities and Research Centres, looking at their
LANs and making a direct relacement of their Natted V4 space with
routable v4 addresses and also matching v6 to go with it. oh ... we can
even estimate 3 addresses per students population, since they will have
laptops, pads and fones, all requiring Wifi at the minimum.

That is a no-brainer to get the assets used, while they still have value.

Sunday.