[AFRINIC-rpd] Agenda for Policy Development Process at AFRINIC-17

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:38:19 UTC 2012

SM, co-chairs et al,
I am not entirely certain SM's revision is inline with our PDP.
According to 5.1 of our current PDP
http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/251-afpub-2010-gen-005#5
>No change can be made to a draft policy within one week of the meeting.
SM seems to have followed that very well :-)

However, the second paragraph of 5.1 reads
>"The draft policy shall be available for review for at
>least four weeks before the next Public Policy Meeting.
>The author(s) shall make the necessary changes to the
>draft policy according to the feedback received"

It's not clear if  "draft policy," in this context refers to the
policy as a document in whole (including all revisions), or to a
version of the document. This is particularly important because the
last I checked all revisions of a policy had to have a fresh/unique
identifier.

In the absence of this distinction I would argue that any
version/revision of the policy could be referred to as a " draft
policy," and in which case SM would be late

Regards,
On 16 November 2012 14:19,  <sm+afrinic at elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan, Emile,
>
> At 02:36 09-11-2012, Alan Barrett wrote:
>>
>> Agenda for Policy Development Process at AFRINIC-17
>

> [snip]
>

>> * Policy proposal: Regional Internet Registry Privacy.
>>   AFPUB-2012-GEN-002-DRAFT-01.
>>

>> <http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/702-regionalninternetnregistrynprivacy>
>

> I updated the above proposal (see
> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2012/002575.html ).  I would
> appreciate if an analysis of the proposal could be provided.
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

Douglas Onyango | +256(0794)981329 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.