[AFRINIC-rpd] only root is critical DNS?

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Sep 18 19:30:36 UTC 2012

Hello all,

in
http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/current/127-policy-for-end-user-assignments-in-afrinic-service-region

under critical infrastructure it says
"
Core DNS service provider:
 A core DNS service provider is a company who provides DNS service for the
root level of the DNS tree (ICANN-sanctioned root operators).
"

I once-upon-a-time thought ccTLDs (within the AfriNIC service region(?))
should also be included. (and that the number of root operators was limited)

could/can we include "or any ccTLD in the AfriNIC service region" or "or
any TLD with administrative contact in the AfriNIC service region" at the
end of the last paragraph of this text?

Is this editorial?
should I write a proposal?

Frank