[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:21:56 UTC 2012

Hello SF,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.afrinic.net/index.php/en/library/membership-documents/273-membership-fees
>
> Perhaps you just focused on the setup costs. My statement (Annual fee)
> stands.

Yes you are right i did looked at something different as i assumed there
was really no issue with the current pricing for the end-user. So i was
looking at the pricing that Institutions will be paying if they were now
categorized as an LIR.

> From the structure you reference, /24 PI should pay $100 annually. /16 is
> also expected to pay $100. It is >/16 to /14 that progresses to $200.

I think $100/$200 annual payment is not the biggest and unbearable part of
the end-user's current pricing :-)

Regards

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti