[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Duncan Martin ceo at tenet.ac.za
Mon Jul 23 07:32:25 UTC 2012

I agree with Guy. What LIRs do is to assign prefixes for use by other organisations to number their own networks.  When a university or other organisation assigns an IP address to a device (e.g. a student's laptop) that has attached to the organisation's own network seems to be rather different?
Duncan