[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:17:37 UTC 2012

Hi Ernest,

Thanks a million.

Sorry I couldn't find it myself, I did go looking but must have some how missed this.  The fast response is appreciated

Can you confirm some things about the stats on that page.

You have an IPv4 addresses by Length, am I correct in assuming these are LIR allocations by length or are these ALL addresses allocated by AfriNIC by length?

If these are LIR allocations by length, can we get a similar for PI by length, and if its a combined graph, can we get them split?  Since I notice there is no PI addresses by length other than the yearly one which goes back to 1984, so I presume thats global and not just AfriNIC stats?

Thanks

Andrew