[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Guy Antony Halse g.halse at ru.ac.za
Sat Jul 14 06:15:48 UTC 2012

> I would rather see LIR = (!End User || RIR) since I believe
> end-user is easier to define:

Assuming you meant LIR = !(end-user || RIR), that's fine too.

The point is if we come up with independent definitions, no matter how well they are thought through there will always be some ambiguity. Someone will eventually try and exploit that, and we'll have this discussion again.

By making one a simple logical negation of the other, it becomes clear and unambiguous.

- Guy

Systems Manager, Rhodes University, Grahamstown
Sent from my cellphone - Please excuse brevity & spelling