[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Fiona Asonga tespok at tespok.co.ke
Wed May 30 07:44:06 UTC 2012

Hallo All,

This has definitely been one long and emotional thread.

Thanks Adiel for your timely and appropriate interventions. With all said and done I believe every experience is a learning point from which we should be able to improve on our internal process and procedures. I can summarize the entire discussion into the following:
1. We need to develop or clarify a lobbying procedure that enables candidates to solicit vote especially via email
2. We need to clarify the proxy policy and confirm that that the signature and date need be in the issuers own hand
3. We need to be clear on how the e-voting system is to be handled

As a community, I think we can develop some proposals around these three areas and discuss each as a separate proposal extensively so as to generate suitable results.

my 2 cents

regards

Fiona Asonga
Chief Executive Officer
Telecommunications Service Providers Association of Kenya/ Kenya Internet Exchange Point
Board Member Africa Internet Service Providers Association

Co-ordinator of Membership and Communication of the Africa Computer Emergency Response Team

NRO Number Council http://www.nro.net/about/number-council.html

ASO Address Council http://aso.icann.org/ac/

14 th Floor, Bruce House
Standard Street

Tel: +254 20 2245 036
Cell: +254 721 713 504

Website: www.tespok.or.ke

“Industry voice in Telecommunications, Providing Policy and Direction
within the Industry and Government”