[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Thu May 24 03:19:06 UTC 2012

Thank you SM

I think the section below puts the legal issue to rest. We now need to look at the execution and application issues as regards to our user community.

4. Application of the Act

(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), this Act shall apply to electronic records and electronic signatures relating to a transaction or an automated transaction.

(2) Parts II and IV shall not apply to any enactment requiring writing or signatures in writing in -

(a)  the creation or execution of a will;

(b)  a negotiable instrument;

(c)  a power of attorney;

(d)  a contract for the sale or other disposition of immovable property, or any interest in such property;

(e)  the conveyance of immovable property or the transfer of any interest in immovable property;

(f)  a document of title; or

(g)  such other document or instrument as may be prescribed.

(3) Any provision of Part II or IV may be varied by agreement between the parties involved in creating, generating, sending, receiving, storing or otherwise processing or using electronic records.

PART II - ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES 5. Legal recognition of electronic records

No record or signature shall be denied legal effect, validity or enforceability solely on the ground that it is in electronic form.

6. Requirement for writing

Where an enactment requires any information or record to be in writing, that requirement shall be satisfied by an electronic record where the information contained therein is accessible so as to be usable for subsequent reference.

Badru Ntege
CEO
NFT Consult Ltd
Www.Nftconsult.com

“Vision without execution is hallucination.”
― Thomas A. Edison