[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

gift gift at itibots.com
Wed May 23 16:50:55 UTC 2012

The bylaws e.g on proxies can never be the enemy of the members neither
can the members be slaves of their own bylaws. There are ways out. Most
laws including our bylaws were drafted with manual systems in mind. Same
with most contracts where for instance communications have to be in
writing to a given address.  The letter and spirit of the law is always
to protect the members and to ensure authenticity in the transactions as
well as provide an audit trail. If we can achieve this in an e
environment, ie to have valid proxies and vote, I think there should be
no problem. Check that 10.37 is worded in a nuetral and flexible manner.
In fact it seems to contradict the other clauses which stuck on paper.