[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:32:27 UTC 2012

Amreesh,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Amreesh Phokeer <amreesh at afrinic.net> wrote:
> Hi Jackson,
>
> On May 22, 2012, at 9:26 AM, Jackson Muthili wrote:
>
>> I am in complete agreement with DeLong. When afrinic has e-vote
>> mechanism in place, completely the paper ballot is not necessary.
>> Stakeholders not able to attend afrinic meeting vote remotely e-voting
>> platform. Stakeholders present at afrinic meeting vote also online
>> using e-vote platform.
>>
>> If there are stakeholders present at afrinic meeting without computer,
>> afrinic provide computer room where those people can make their e-vote
>> online.
>
> Voters are strongly suggested to use their own personal computer because in order to
> be able to cast a vote, a voter will need to have a passport called a BPKI certificate, issued
> by Afrinic after having duly verified his/her identity. This personal certificate must ideally be
> installed on the voter's personal computer.
>
> More information here:
> http://www.afrinic.net/images/online%20voting.pdf

If it must be used by only with voters personal computer, this good
idea could become futile already. I want to go to cybercafe and make
my vote. I want to use colleague laptop and make a vote.

Do not make it complicated or nobody (or few geek) use it. I want to
use any computer or device like ipad iphone or android phone, log in
with username-password and make vote. Simple, straight forward but
idiot-proof.