[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:26:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> NO, the same rule applies to both means of vote. You can not get a paper ballot if you are not in good standing either.

>> Yes MyAfriNIC is checked (hence the e-voting status of members and their financial status are checked) before handing out paper ballot. That will prevent double voting.
>>

> Forgive my ignorance, but, once you have e-Vote, what is the reason for preserving paper ballots?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to simply supply some systems where those present at the meeting that would have voted with paper ballots can exercise their e-vote franchise at the meeting?

I am in complete agreement with DeLong. When afrinic has e-vote
mechanism in place, completely the paper ballot is not necessary.
Stakeholders not able to attend afrinic meeting vote remotely e-voting
platform. Stakeholders present at afrinic meeting vote also online
using e-vote platform.

If there are stakeholders present at afrinic meeting without computer,
afrinic provide computer room where those people can make their e-vote
online.

The issue of ballot/proxy is eliminated.

Win-Win situation for everyone.