[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Jean Robert Hountomey jrhountomey at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:18:30 UTC 2012

>I don't believe limiting number of proxies  per  individual will change
>anything. I'm of the opinion we limit voting per zones i.e. If we are
>electing board members from North, then we let Afrinic members from
>North select who they want to represent them. Lets eliminate such
>situations where West Africans are represented by a member whose
>majority of his/her votes comes from South.

I understand your point but I do believe that a candidate can receive support from anybody in the continent.

My understanding of the current election/voting process is that proxies are needed because of the physical presence requirement.

E-voting will allow members who cannot be present at the meeting to vote. E-voting will then solve the proxy issue and there will be
no need for proxies anymore.

In case AfriNIC choose to use the two voting systems (e-voting and physical) members present at the meeting will vote and those non present will use
e-voting. There will be no need for proxies in this case too.

RH